Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ready, Sète, Go!

Fishing boats in the canal

I was terrible about posting in February - no excuse - but good things happened! One of which was heading down to Montpellier to see le Jumeau for the weekend. We went out and got crazy because that's what we do best in life, besides writing. We also hung out with crazy British kids. On Thursday, after a quick kebab and a disco nap, we headed to a rather dull gay bar and then Cargo, one of his favorite clubs in downtown Montpellier. Good music, decent drinks, enough space. We ended the night at a private bar run by a very pretty transvestite. A good time was had by all.
Crazy Brits (and a Moroccan) on the bus to the beach.

Us swarthy Americans

After getting in at an absurd hour we woke up at 11 a.m. on Friday and got on a train headed to Sète, a little town with a beautiful beach (I almost typed beautiful little beach town, but no.) just a few minutes away from Monty-P. From the train station we got on a bus (the 2, I believe) and headed for the beach! I put on a swimsuit under my jeans and shirt, and brought a light jacket along, just because, and boy, was I lucky! It was a beautiful day but the wind was relentless and arctic. Maybe because it was February, you say? Hey, I don't know about the Brits and le Jumeau, but after winter here in Paris, I was ready to sunbathe on top of a glacier so long as the sky above was clear blue.

And blue it was!

After a quick Baywatch-parody run to the water, permanently damaging the nerves in my toes, I sprinted back up the beach and hopped into my jeans faster than you can say "trop froid". Cold cold cold, but proof that spring is at hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment