Monday, May 9, 2011

Something Beautiful Everyday


Hi all,

I can't believe it's been over a month since my last post! I apologize, family. I know all 5 of you were waiting to hear a bit about Spring Break and see some pictures, but honestly, I just can't find it in me to write about it. (It's exam time.)

In the same vein, I've decided to whittle this project down to its original, intended aim -- recognizing some beautiful new discovery every day. I'll start with yesterday.




My ever-uplifting artist friend Linda and I were standing in line at Starbucks when she mentioned the carrot cake at Sésame. I've heard her talk about it glowingly before, and when I said, "Oh, I still need to try that" her response was, "Want to go now?" Four métro stops and a short walk along the vibrant Canal St. Martin later, we arrived at the rosy-cheeked café. This is not your mama's carrot cake! The heavenly little slices are thin, light, and whisper soft. You can also kind of see the grated carrot! Each slice is topped with a scoop of luscious cream cheese frosting which, if I'm not mistaken, contained slivered almonds. I washed mine down with a "café frappé" (ice coffee hold the ice?). Delectable.

Here's their website :)

1 comment:

  1. I like the "tags"
    Also, ima guess that I make at least six :)
    MISS YOUUUUUUUUU

    ReplyDelete