Thursday, September 23, 2010

Faire du Tourisme!



So, being a bit too fixated on the Impressionists and patisseries, I didn't know you could get on top of the Arc de Triomphe! But you can! And we did! What a view!


Look at that crazy traffic! Luckily, the article I read that mentioned going to the top of the arch also explained that there is a tunnel - DO NOT attempt to cross the traffic circle. Parisian drivers take traffic laws as suggestions. Anecdotally, I've observed more female metro riders than male, and male drivers than female drivers. I hope it isn't too politically incorrect to say this, but to me, this sums up the French perspective on driving -- "What? Moi, ask directions?!? Ridicule! This street is one-way you say? Je m'en fous!" But I digress.

There is a small museum inside l'Arc. It has some cool sculptures and the whole thing is free for students! Just be sure to bring your student card or your passport with your student visa in it. Otherwise, that'll be 8 euros, s'il vous plait.


The only way up is a spiral staircase. C'est decidé, demain, j'arrete de fumer.

No comments:

Post a Comment